After the Warriors lost Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals in Houston, a cadre of team executives, plus one unexpected guest, hopped a private plane for Chicago, where the NBA Draft Combine was taking place. Owner Joe Lacob headlined the party. Daryl Morey, the general manager of the Rockets — Golden State’s Conference Finals’ opponent — was the surprise guest, per a New York Times report It was May 16. The Warriors were in the midst of what proved to be their fiercest series of the championship run. Lacob, who takes the draft as seriously as any owner in the sport, had scouting business to attend to. “This is really fun,” Lacob told ESPN 2 as he sat on the TV set. It was Lacob’s second trip to the combine. He sat in on the interviews at an event that provides the Warriors with a golden opportunity to study up on the low-profile prospects they’ve become famous for selecting late in drafts. During Lacob’s reign, the Warriors have made a habit of purchasing second-round picks. Most notably, they landed Jordan Bell and Patrick McCaw in 2017 and 2016, respectively. Less successfully, the Warriors sprung for Nemanja Nedovic in 2013… Read full this story
- Golden State Warriors See 2021 Season As Opportunity to Move Past Worst Record
- Bucks lose 2022 second-round pick over Bogdanovic talks
- Five teams that can knock off Golden State Warriors
- Warriors minicamp: What Golden State can accomplish in next two weeks
- Wolves Select Georgia’s Anthony Edwards With No. 1 Pick In Delayed NBA Draft
- Timberwolves Win NBA Draft Lottery, Rights To No. 1 Pick
- Warriors mailbag: Is a James Harden trade feasible? Should Golden State even try?
- First-round pick James Wiseman has Warriors thrilled about this season — and those to come
- Three Arizona Wildcats selected in the 2020 NBA Draft
- Anthony Edwards Goes #1 To T-Wolves In NBA Draft, LaMelo Ball To Hornets At #3
Golden State Warriors could buy second-round pick in NBA Draft have 301 words, post on www.sfexaminer.com at June 17, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.