Wood furniture firms advised to optimise domestic materials The world’s wooden interior décor market is predicted to grow 3.5 percent in 2018 and continue expanding, bringing chances for Vietnamese businesses to raise exports of the products. If Vietnamese businesses optimise the material sources they have and make the best use of trade promotion activities, their export earnings can surpass 8 billion USD. According to Huynh Van Hanh, Vice President of the Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of Ho Chi Minh City, in the past 15 years, the wood industry has maintained the growth rate of 8-15 percent a year despite world economic fluctuation. The biggest issue of the wood processing enterprises in Vietnam is they are focusing on a market section with low added value, mostly concentrating on outsourcing for foreign clients. To further develop the domestic wood sector, the businesses should pay attention to a higher target of selling abroad the whole space of high-end interior décor instead of doing outwork and selling separate products. Meanwhile, the Vietnam Timber and Forest Product Association (VIFORES) asserted that it is necessary to make full use of domestic material sources to create a breakthrough for the sector. Statistics showed that Vietnam has… Read full this story
- Facial recognition: future of business or ethical nightmare?
- MPAA ratings: Jan. 14, 2009
- Cartoons on the Bay busy in opener
- U.S. To Slap Tariffs On Steel, Aluminum From EU On Thursday: Sources
- General Electric Loses Place In Elite Dow Jones Industrial Average
- What's Not To Like? Boeing, Embraer Defend Planned Deal
- US Argues Judge Failed To Take Its Arguments Into Account In AT&T Trial
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Zaif Hacked, $60 Million Worth Of Tokens Stolen, Operations Suspended
- When Tech Knows You Better Than You Know Yourself
- Dozens of California companies fall short of new women on board law
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 14/6 have 293 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at June 13, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.