“Once we ask the question of what a woman is, things immediately become more complicated philosophically… I am actually quite willing to have a discussion with gender critical feminists about these issues. I would love a genuine conversation to determine whether bridge-building is possible. After all, non-trans and trans women alike face oppression. Sometimes the oppressions are the same, and sometimes they are different. But this is just the “nature of the beast”… The following is a guest post* by Talia Mae Bettcher, Professor and Chair of Philosophy at California State University, Los Angeles. [Lili Elbe – “Le Point Sur Loire”] “When Tables Speak”: On the Existence of Trans Philosophy* by Talia Mae Bettcher A few days ago, when I was frantically grading, I received the following request from Daily Nous: As you may be aware, a series of posts by Kathleen Stock (Sussex) on issues regarding transgender women has been getting a fair amount of attention from the philosophical community. These posts have raised philosophical questions about transgender women from a “gender critical” perspective and have also commented on the perceived difficulty of raising such questions (that is, some people feel they are too riskily “politically incorrect” to discuss). The… Read full this story
- Johnny Depp 'threatened to cut off Elon Musk's penis' in rant to Lady Gaga's ex-fiance over the SpaceX founder's relationship with Amber Heard
- Johnny takes his revenge on the stand: Depp says Amber Heard drank two bottles of wine a night, would chop his lines of cocaine AND take it herself, repeatedly secretly filmed him - and 'all hell would break loose' if he didn't feed her attention'
- David Byrne: Rock Master of Multicultural Sound
- Hollywood's identity crisis: Actors, writers and producers warn of 'reverse racism' in the film industry which has created a 'toxic' climate for anyone who is a white, middle-age man
- 'Cut me wherever you want, or I will': Court is played terrifying recording of Johnny Depp begging Amber Heard to slice him with a knife
- Stay on the right track and keep pace with the times to ensure the right direction for China-US relations
- Racist, anti-Asian rant at Carmel Valley restaurant inspires praise for server who came to the rescue
- RIL AGM 2020: Here's the full text of Mukesh Ambani's speech
- ‘Sex Is Real’: J.K. Rowling Champions Woman Fired for Defying Transgender Demands
- How Hong Kong caught fire: the story of a radical uprising
“When Tables Speak”: On the Existence of Trans Philosophy (guest post by Talia Mae Bettcher) have 394 words, post on dailynous.com at May 30, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.