|Chairman of the Lao Association of Travel Agents Somphong Deviengxay speaks at the event|
In her opening remarks, Deputy Director of the Nghe An province’s Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Thi Thanh An said the event is part of efforts to promote tourism the potential and strengths of Vietnamese localities, thus further pushing tourism cooperation with Laos.
It also aims to attract more visitors from Laos and third countries to the Vietnamese central localities, she noted.
The programme provides a chance for travel agencies and tourism associations of the two countries to set up partnerships and share information, An added.
Speaking at the event, Chairman of the Lao Association of Travel Agents Somphong Deviengxay said tourism is a key economic sector promoting development in his country.
The number of Vietnamese tourists to Laos and vice versa is rising, so tourism cooperation between the two countries will not only generate revenue for the national budget of each country, but also help tighten solidarity between the two countries’ people.
Representatives from the Vietnamese localities gave the Lao side details of landscapes, people, potential and advantages for tourism development, and tourism products and services of the localities, and information regarding their tourism development policies.
On the occasion, travel agencies of Laos and those from Nghe An, Ha Tinh and Quang Binh signed cooperation programmes.
- Ba Na Hills turns Vietnam into emerging leisure tourism destination
- Sun Group nets major haul of world tourism awards
- Phu Quoc Island, a rising star for luxury tourism in Asia
- Handy Website Promotion Tips
- 30 Ways to Promote Your Website on a Shoestring Budget (Part 2)
- Niche Web Site Promotion Basics: Part 3
- Promote Your Music With Myspace - A Few Unknown Techniques Revealed
- Beginner's Guide To Site Promotion
- Website Promotion, Going Offline to Succeed Online
- 10 Not-So-Obvious Ways to Promote Your Website