United Airlines has established a new policy for transporting pets in cargo holds that includes banning dozens of dog breeds and several types of cats.The new policy takes effect June 18, when the carrier will resume reservations for its PetSafe program. The airline temporarily stopped the program in March after a series of high-profile incidents involving pets that were lost and others that died on United flights.United said it will be working with American Humane, an animal-welfare group, to improve the well-being of pets that travel on United, both in the cargo hold and in the cabin. Through the rest of the year it will continue to “make enhancements as needed to further improve the safety and care of animal transportation,” United said. Banned breeds The types of dogs and cats banned are short- or snub-nosed breeds, along with strong-jawed breeds “out of concern for higher adverse health risks,” the airline said. Banned dogs include pit bulls, Boston terriers, boxers, bulldogs, mastiffs and pugs, among others and including mixes of those breeds. Banned cats are Burmese, exotic shorthair, Himalayan and Persian. Only dogs and cats — not other pets — qualify for the PetSafe program.» MORE: See NerdWallet’s guides for flying with dogs or cats.Extreme heat on the ground… Read full this story
- Vietnam Airlines makes new step to expand to US
- Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif pouts after US reportedly denies visa to address United Nations in New York
- Southwest Airlines Flight Delayed After Emotional Support Dog Bites Child's Face
- Republicans Need to Stop Politicizing Airline Dog Deaths
- Government set to make profit from rail fares, study shows
- Routes: United at SFO + Alaska, JSX, Philippine, JetBlue, Spirit, airport news at DEN, JFK
- Airlines avoid Iran drone strike area due to fears of 'miscalculation'
- Ready for an 'extremely low-fare' airline?
- Alaska Airlines' novel approach to SFO flight delays
- New US autonomous vehicle plan lets industry regulate itself
United Airlines sets new pet transport policy have 310 words, post on www.abcactionnews.com at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.