North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump are due to meet in Singapore on Jun 12, but Pyongyang has thrown the meeting into doubt. (AFP/SAUL LOEB) Hosting South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the White House, Trump did little to quell speculation about the wavering prospects of a historic first summit between US and North Korean leaders. “It may not work out for June 12,” Trump said of the Singapore meeting, adding in a now familiar non-committal riff “if it does not happen, maybe it will happen later.” “There are certain conditions we want to happen. I think we’ll get those conditions. And if we don’t, we won’t have the meeting.” Politically, Trump has invested heavily in the success of the meeting, and so privately most US officials, as well as outside observers, believe it will go ahead. But as the date draws near, Trump’s divergence from his top aides, the differences between the two sides and the astronomically high stakes are coming into sharp relief. Success could lead to peace on the Korean peninsula and end the threat of nuclear war. Failure could all but destroy hopes of a peaceful solution to the crisis. “You… Read full this story
- Donald Trump to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un on June 12
- Kim Jong-un ‘secretly building huge base for nuke missiles that can strike the US’ as world is ravaged by coronavirus
- There is no evidence Kim Jong Un even underwent a heart op, South Korean intelligence say, after rumours the leader was 'gravely ill' or even dead following surgery
- Kim Jong Un seen with mysterious mark on wrist during his first appearance in weeks
- Kim Jong-un desperate for Michael Jordan to visit North Korea, Denis Rodman reveals on Mike Tyson’s Hot Boxin’ podcast
- Kim Jong-un 'did not have surgery' says South Korea as absence mystery deepens
- Donald Trump 'glad to see' North Korea's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un 'back and well'
- Trump says US would be at war with Kim Jong Un and North Korea ‘if I didn’t get elected’
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Joked About His Bad Image Abroad, South Korean Officials Say
- Kim Jong-un using body double after making public appearance since death rumours: Reports
Trump says Singapore summit with Kim Jong Un could be delayed have 370 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.