Tommy Robinson has been jailed for 13 months for breaking contempt of court laws with a Facebook Live video. His sentence can be revealed for the first time after The Independent and Leeds Live fought a reporting restriction put on the case at Leeds Crown Court. Robinson, whose real name was listed on court documents as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was arrested outside the court on Friday. Read more Tommy Robinson permanently banned from Twitter Tommy Robinson threatens to track down UK counter-terror head Finsbury Park terror attacker turned to violence by far-right posts He admitted committing contempt of court by publishing information that could prejudice an ongoing trial via a live stream on his Facebook page. At one point the video was being viewed by more than 10,000 people, as Robinson attempted to film defendants entering the court and discussed the case, which is subject to a separate reporting restriction. A judge initially banned media reports of contempt proceedings against Robinson over fears it could affect the ongoing trial, but lifted the order on Tuesday after hearing submissions that members of the public and foreign media outlets were publishing inaccurate information. Supporters of the far-right figurehead have protested over his imprisonment and the reporting restrictions,… Read full this story
- Alleged Facebook Live killer reportedly confessed to also trying to kill police officers
- Alleged Facebook Live killer is charged with 7 counts of attempted murder
- German court overturns Facebook 'censorship'
- Redvers Bickley jailed for murder of Cheshire Oaks worker Tyler Denton
- Three-year prison sentence for Facebook hate crime defendant
- Woman shot on Facebook: 'Stop, Johnathan. Stop, Johnathan'
- Man who posted video of dog giving Nazi salutes on YouTube fined £800
- Jailed in April: Was this Liverpool Crown Court's most gruesome month?
- Khan Lo Greco live stream WARNING: Illegally steaming online fight could cost YOU £85,000
- Alfie Evans’ mum strokes her son’s face as dad falls asleep next to him at Alder Hey hospital after Italy court defeat
Tommy Robinson jailed after breaking contempt of court laws with Facebook Live video have 315 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 29, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.