A man who attacked his mother with a machete, an internet pervert and a golf club manager who killed his entire family are among the Cambridgeshire people jailed for life in the early 2000s. There have been so many serious cases in Cambridgeshire over the years in connection with horrific and heartbreaking crimes. Here, we’re naming and shaming the most high-profile criminals who’ve been handed life behind bars between 2002 and 2008. Killer Ian Huntley, jailed for life in December 2003 for the murders of Soham schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, is included on our list. Edward Oxford A man who attacked his elderly mother with a machete because she refused to collect his dole money was jailed indefinitely in February 2008. Edward Oxford, 41, was told by a judge the sentence was the only appropriate one because with his history of previous violent offending, he represented a serious danger to the public. An unrepentant Oxford told police the attack would not have happened if his mother had not been so awkward. The court heard Oxford had a string of previous convictions for violent offences, including earlier attacks on his mother, and his 90-year-old grandmother. Prosecutor Matthew McNiff said… Read full this story
- Evil child killer mum who stuffed dead son, 3, in a suitcase is freed from jail after just SEVEN years
- Lavish, bloodthirsty life of Venezuela's 'mega gangs' who build baseball stadiums in jail
- Jailed ex-mayor serves time in a remote island prison that doubles as tourist accomodation
- Famke Janssen Won't Say No to Returning as Jean Grey in the MCU's X-Men Franchise
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Starsky & Hutch star David Soul was threatened with jail over Cuba car film
- Toronto’s squalid Don Jail had history of infamous escapes
- Jailed Pitcairn mayor wins right to appeal against conviction to Privy Council
- Feature: Presidential amnesty gives prisoners second chance of life in Zimbabwe
- Why should a cop's blue fear matter more than my Black life?
- Dilworth School: Former assistant principal jailed for sexual abuse of boys
The Cambridgeshire men jailed for life in the early 2000s including Ian Huntley have 325 words, post on www.cambridge-news.co.uk at May 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.