Institutional improvement must for effective disaster prevention Workers fix an irrigation project damaged by floods in northern mountainous Lai Châu Province’s Than Uyên District. Việt Nam should improve the country’s institutions and legal documents to enhance efficiency in natural disaster prevention and control, said Hoàng Văn Thắng, deputy minister of agriculture and rural development. He said this during the second consultation meeting in Hà Nội on Wednesday mainstreaming the content of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Reduction in the context of the national strategy for natural disaster prevention and control till 2030, with a vision to 2050. The meeting was co-organised by the Central Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control and the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Thắng said disaster management should have integrated solutions and that disaster risk management should be a priority, adding that mass participation should be mobilised at all levels. According to him, investment is currently mainly focused on response solutions and due attention is not being paid to disaster mitigation solutions. In fact, development without sustainable solutions has resulted in the increase of natural disasters. For example, the construction of infrastructure without proper planning has caused floods and flash floods to recur. The… Read full this story
- Minus 10 social credits! 600 million gamers face punishment for their hobby as life imitates a Black Mirror episode
- Overwatch PTR Patch Reveals New Symmetra, Social Changes
- China’s Social Ranking System is Set to Target Gamers
- Anthem Social Hub is Called 'Launch Bay' And Supports Up to 16 People,
- Twitter targets Saudi and Chinese propaganda machines as it closes down thousands of fake news accounts worldwide in an effort to halt state-run manipulation
- Rumor: Details on Cyberpunk 2077 Social Hub Leak
- Rockstar working on companion app, Social Club issues
- Borderlands 3 News: What We Know About the Release Date, Story, Gameplay, and More
- Resident Evil Social Media Logos Teasing an Announcement?
- Bad News browser game aims to help players identify fake news
Social News 5/7 have 323 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at May 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.