The 76ers will have their share of roster upgrade options in the coming months. Among them will be trying to lure LeBron James in free agency. The addition of James would drastically close the gap between them and the Boston Celtics in regards to being the Eastern Conference’s team to beat next season. Should they add another A-list player in free agency or via a trade, the Sixers just might be favored to win the 2018-19 NBA title. But acquiring James alone would be costly. Team president of basketball operation and general manager Bryan Colangelo said the Sixers could have roughly $25 million available in cap space to attract free agents. However, league records show they could have up to $30 million available in practical cap space. James is projected to make at least $35 million next season. So the Sixers would have to find ways to fit him under their cap, possibly by dumping salaries as a way to create enough space to give him what he’ll be asking. One option would be to waive Jerryd Bayless, who has one year left on his deal. They could stretch his $8.6 million salary over three years in the books in order to free up… Read full this story
- Report: Kyrie Irving has ‘ghosted’ Celtics as free agency approaches
- Taking his talents to LA! LeBron James agrees to join Los Angeles Lakers on a four-year contract for $154MILLION, and legend Kobe Bryant is the first to welcome him to California
- LeBron James: The Yoko Ono of The Heatles
- LeBron James weighs in on China, accuses Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey of not being 'educated'
- LeBron James Shows off Football Skills During Lakers Game
- When Narratives Collide: Why LeBron James Earned Historic NBA Title Win
- 'The King Has Tooted'. NBA Superstar LeBron James Farts at Fans Who Asked For Autograph
- LeBron James, Richard Sherman, Herschel Walker React to California's Law Allowing NCAA Athletes to Sign Endorsements
- LeBron James Calls Out President Trump in Video Message: Stop Using Sports to ‘Divide’ Us
- South Park Derides LeBron James Over Response to China-NBA Controversy
Sixers' owner Josh Harris ready for a LeBron James-sized bill as free agency approaches have 338 words, post on www.philly.com at May 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.