Located from ten to 20 meters underground, the second tunnel has had 470 meters out of its total length of 781 meters completed.
At the current pace, approximately ten meters of the tunnel can be installed with concrete slabs every day.
Construction of this second tunnel began in January and is expected to complete at the beginning of June.
The second tunnel runs from Ba Son Shipyard, going under streets including Ton Duc Thang, Ngo Van Nam, Nguyen Sieu, to the Ho Chi Minh City’s Municipal Theater in District 1.
Following the installation of concrete walls and railways, the lighting systems and other supporting structures will be set up, a representative of Shimizu – Meada, the Japanese main contractor in charge of the metro line project, said.
The metro line No. 1 in Ho Chi Minh City, stretching 19.7 kilometers, will connect Ben Thanh Market in District 1 with Suoi Tien Theme Park in District 9, passing through Binh Thanh District, Thu Duc District, and District 2.
The metro line is mainly aboveground with two tunnels located in the city’s downtown area.
The first tunnel, also connecting Ba Son Shipyard with the Municipal Theater, began in May and completed in October last year.
The whole metro line is expected to complete in 2020.
- Ho Chi Minh City to develop smart urban area
- American professor talks classical music with Ho Chi Minh City buffs
- Ho Chi Minh City wants to boost cooperation with Chinese localities
- Council formed to assess late President Ho Chi Minh’s embalmed body
- Bust of late President Ho Chi Minh inaugurated in Russian city
- Tan Son Nhat airport's expansion plan near completion
- The New York City Subway Was Never Really That Great
- New York Won't Shut Down A Major Subway Line Now, But It's Actually Worse This Way
- 'Massive' Monday Morning Delays On The F, B, D, M Subway Lines (Also Problems On 2, 3)
- Major Monday Misery On The N, R, W, F, M, 4, 5, 6 Subway Lines