Salma Hayek says actors must take pay cuts if they’re serious about gender equality.The 51-year-old actress has spoken about Hollywood’s gender pay gap during a Women in Motion talk at the Cannes Film Festival, where she called on her male co-stars to take a proactive approach towards the problem.Salma – who has been a vocal supporter of the Time’s Up and #MeToo campaigns – explained: “It is not just the producers. It is actors too.”Time’s up. You had a good run but it is time now to be generous with the actresses.”The Mexican-born star subsequently claimed that one way to achieve equality would be for actors to spurn “inflated fees”.She said: “If actors ask such inflated fees it will leave nothing for actresses. If the movie’s budget is $10 million, the (male) actor has to understand that if he is making $9.7 million, it is going to be hard for equality.”Otherwise they will kill the movie. I will be hated for saying this. I hope I can get another job…”Earlier this month, Benedict Cumberbatch called on male stars to reject work if their female counterparts are being paid less than them.He suggested, too, that actors ought to ask their female… Read full this story
- Gender Pay Gap Still Persists in Finance, Real Estate, Groups Say
- The truth about Utah's and the nation's gender pay gap
- How do we close the gender pay gap?
- Councilwoman Rose to host workshop to give women tools to battle gender pay gap
- Bill to address the gender pay gap heads to Mills’ desk
- Bill to address the gender pay gap is headed to Mills’ desk
- National Equal Pay Day 2019: Gender wage gap continues
- Wage transparency critical for closing pay gaps
- Economy and sociology experts discuss Utah's gender wage gap with state senator
- New York tech's gender wage gap worse than Valley's, better than Boston's
Salma Hayek offers a solution to the gender pay gap have 310 words, post on host.madison.com at May 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.