Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Pyongyang on Thursday invited North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to visit Russia, Moscow said, during the first meeting between the head of the reclusive state and a Russian official. “Come to Russia, we’ll be very happy to see you,” Lavrov told Kim in remarks released by the Russian foreign ministry. Lavrov passed greetings from Russian President Vladimir Putin to Kim, saying he wished him success in the “major undertakings that have been initiated on the Korean peninsula”, the ministry said in a statement. Lavrov was the first Russian official to be received by Kim, Russian news agencies said. “It was the first official meeting with him face to face,” TASS quoted a source in the minister’s delegation as saying. The Russian foreign ministry also released pictures of the two men shaking hands and smiling. Russia’s top diplomat arrived in Pyongyang earlier Thursday, ahead of a landmark summit between Kim and US President Donald Trump. His visit comes amid a flurry of diplomatic activity to organise next month’s summit, with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also meeting Kim’s right-hand man Kim Yong Chol in New York late Wednesday. Last month North Korea’s foreign… Read full this story
- North Korea nuclear test: why did Kim Jong-un press the button now?
- North Korea sentences US citizen to 15 years' hard labour for 'hostile acts'
- North Korea says US attitude in talks was 'extremely regrettable'
- US: North Korea used chemical agent VX to kill Kim Jong Un half-brother
- Why Did Kim Jong Un Go to China? This Is North Korea's Plan to 'Divide and Conquer' U.S. and Its Top Rival in Asia
- North v South: A tale of two Koreas
- Trump U.N. envoy gets her turn in spotlight, wielding budget knife
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Pass USMCA Coalition - Deadline approaches for 2020 Dems
- Donald Trump looking forward to 'fully independent Britain', says US national security adviser John Bolton
- Transcript: Admiral James Stavridis talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
Russia invites North Korea’s Kim to visit have 335 words, post on www.radio.gov.pk at May 31, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.