Picture taken at the scene of the accident after a Cubana de Aviacion aircraft crashed after taking off from Havana’s Jose Marti airport on May 18, 2018. (Photo: AFP/Adalberto Roque) Cuban state media reported that three people had been pulled alive from the mangled wreckage and were in critical condition in hospital. There was no other official mention of survivors from a nearly 40-year-old Boeing 737 operated by Cubana de Aviacion, which crashed into a field close to a wooded area near Havana’s Jose Marti airport, sending a thick column of acrid smoke into the air. The 110 aboard included six Mexican crew, said Aerolineas Damojh, the Mexican-based company that leased the plane to the Cuban carrier. The plane — carrying 104 passengers — was almost completely destroyed in the crash and subsequent fire, which was put out by firefighters who raced to the scene along with a fleet of ambulances. Emergency personnel combed through the wreckage, lending little hope that there could be other survivors. “Three passengers managed to survive the accident. They are in a critical condition. They are already in hospital,” the state newspaper Granma said. What appeared to be one of the wings of the plane… Read full this story
- Naya Rivera: Who is Glee star feared dead in lake accident?
- Heavy rains trigger landslides, floods in central Japan as 61 feared dead
- Naya Rivera of 'Glee' feared dead as son claims she went for a swim 'but didn't come back'
- Eight people feared dead including children after two planes crash over lake
- Deadly multi-vehicle crash on far South Side closes I-35 for hours
- Five dead in coach crash in Kon Tum
- 1 Dead After Car Crashes Down Steep Embankment Off Highway 65 In Roseville
- Glee stars send messages of hope after Naya Rivera feared dead in boating accident
- Shocking curse that has rocked TV series Glee, after Naya Rivera declared missing, feared dead
- Glee actor Naya Rivera missing, feared dead, after boat ride at lake
More than 100 feared dead in Cuba airliner crash have 316 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.