A waxwork of Meghan Markle wearing a replica of her diamond engagement ring was unveiled on Wednesday at London’s Madame Tussauds museum, less than two weeks before her wedding to Prince Harry.
|A wax figure of Meghan Markle, the US fiancee of Britain’s Prince Harry, is pictured during a photocall at Madame Tussauds in central London on May 9, 2018. (DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS / AFP)|
“Excitement ahead of the royal wedding is reaching fever pitch and we have been inundated with questions about when people can finally meet Their Royal Likenesses,” general manager Edward Fuller said.
The likeness of the US former television actress is in a green dress like the one she wore when the couple, who are getting married at Windsor Castle on May 19, announced their engagement in November.
“They take about six months to make. We had to speed up a little because obviously once the engagement was announced we were off and running,” Stephen Mansfield, the principal sculptor, told AFP.
Asked if Harry and Meghan had posed for the sculptures, he said: “As you can imagine they’ve got one or two other things on their minds currently, so we were able to create the figures using techniques that we’re built up over the years”.
Harry’s figure, which was originally created to mark the royal’s 30th birthday, has been updated for the occasion with the ginger beard he currently sports.
“The massive challenge in this case was that there would be a huge expectation and people interested to see how our figures would look,” Mansfield said.
The waxworks will go on public show the day before the wedding. On the day, the museum said it will offer free entry to guests named Meghan or Harry.
- Meghan Markle unveiled at London waxwork museum
- Eerie wax figure of pregnant Duchess Meghan unveiled at Madame Tussauds Berlin
- UK’s Madame Tussauds unveils Meghan Markle’s new waxwork
- French wax museum will rethink its mocked Macron sculpture
- Madame Tussauds Unveils Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Waxwork, And People Don't Hate It
- Wax figure of Meghan Markle unveiled at Madame Tussauds ahead of Royal Wedding
- Royal wedding: Meghan Markle waxwork unveiled at Madame Tussauds
- Her Royal Likeness
- As an American, are you excited about the royal wedding?