source Win McNamee/Getty Images Congress will vote to restore net neutrality next week. If the measure is passed by a simple majority vote, it would still need to be signed by President Donald Trump. Right now, 48 senators appear to be in favor of the measure. Congress will vote next week to bring back net neutrality. A group of Senators led by Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) have gained enough support to force a vote under the Congressional Review Act, a little-known rule that allows lawmakers to overturn recently enacted regulation from a federal agency. Since the FCC repealed Obama-era net neutrality protections in December, advocates have been pursuing the CRA as a last-ditch effort to block the FCC’s order. Under the CRA, the Senate is required to consider a resolution if 30 senators sign a petition forcing a vote. A petition related to net neutrality with 32 signatures was delivered on Wednesday, thereby forcing a vote on the Senate floor, which is expected to take place next week. For the measure to clear the Senate, only a simple majority vote is needed. But for the resolution to pass entirely, a majority would still be needed in the House – where… Read full this story
- Net neutrality bill 38 votes short in Congress, and time has almost run out
- Sen. Ron Wyden on breaking up Facebook, net neutrality, and the law that built the internet
- The FCC’s plan to kill net neutrality is here and it’s a vague, open-ended mess
- Dems Got Hysterical About FCC Chairman Rejecting Net Neutrality. Two Years Later, He’s Vindicated And Firing Back.
- Online gaming could be stalled by net neutrality repeal, ESA tells court
- The FCC's net neutrality rules are now in effect
- Net neutrality rules: coming December 21
- Sen. Mike Lee: It's time for Congress to bring accountability to intelligence community's surveillance power
- Sen. Mike Lee & Rep. Jim Jordan: It's time for Congress to bring accountability to intelligence community's surveillance power
- The high crime of Congress
It’s official: Congress will vote on whether or not to bring back net neutrality have 323 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.