In the first quarter, the export value of shrimp from Vietnam to the EU gained a year-on-year increase of 20.2 percent to 742.9 million USD, including 302.4 million USD in March, up 25.8 percent compared to March 2017. Therefore, the EU maintained its position as the largest market for Vietnamese shrimp products, accounting for 18.2 percent of Vietnam’s total shrimp export value in the first quarter. Shrimps for exports The association said the EU was considered as the “most dynamic” market for Vietnamese shrimp in 2017. In 2018, the shrimp export to this market has maintained an upward trend. Vietnam has gained by exporting shrimp to the EU, because India, Vietnam’s big competitor in the EU market, has faced difficulties in exporting shrimp to the EU market as a result of antibiotic residue testing. India has also faced the risk of banning shrimp exports to the EU, reported Cong Thuong newspaper. In addition, Vietnamese shrimp is more affordable than its competitors’ products and has the advantage of gaining the GSP (Generalised System of Preferences) from the EU that Thailand and China do not have. The Ministry of Industry and Trade said in the time to come, Vietnam’s shrimp exports to… Read full this story
- Report: Houston among top markets for apartment investors
- Houston overtakes Dallas as top market for new home sales
- What's the deal with Tops Markets' Orchard Fresh store?
- Tops Markets investing in stores again after bankruptcy struggles
- D-FW ranked as top market for renters
- Assessed value cut for two Tops Markets stores in Amherst
- EU rejects claim that car exports threaten U.S.
- EU top court throws out citizens' climate suit
- Without Saints 1st rounder, New Orleans still No. 2 rated TV market for NFL draft
- U.S. whiskey exporters struggle after year of EU tariffs
EU tops market for Vietnam’s shrimp exports have 286 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 25, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.