“This institute is my long-nurtured dream. In the short term, Media Pool Company and I, alongside other partners, will build a strong sporty environment for trainees aged between 6-15 years old,” said Le Cong Vinh, former captain of Vietnam senior football team and founder of the CV9 Academy. “I want to open the CV9 Academy to help juniors develop physical strength, as well as a spirit of unity, to help each other in sport. The institute is also a place for juniors to develop their passion of football,” said Vinh. Vinh invited former Australian national footballer Marshall Soper to be a technical consultant for his academy. The Institute also invited foreign and domestic coaches to train, including female footballer Nguyen Thi Kim Hong of Vietnam women’s football team. Vinh is acting chairman of the V.League 1 side HCM City FC. He was part of the Vietnamese national team from 2004 to 2016. He is widely considered one of the best players in Southeast Asia, and won the Vietnamese Golden Ball Award three times in 2004, 2006 and 2007.
- HCM City approves 155-year-old flagpole renovation
- New school year in HCM City to start in early September
- HCM City aims to become regional financial centre
- HCM City Hockey Federation established
- HCM City to seek input from foreign experts on new ‘city within a city’
- Lam Son Park reopened in HCM City
- HCM City seeks investment from US businesses, summit told
- HCM City partners with US for smart cities project
- Cần Giờ Biosphere: the 'green lung' that protects HCM City
- HCM City landlords have little choice but to cut rents as 2nd wave of COVID-19 hits
CV9 Academy opens in HCM City have 262 words, post on english.vov.vn at May 3, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.