“This institute is my long-nurtured dream. In the short term, Media Pool Company and I, alongside other partners, will build a strong sporty environment for trainees aged between 6-15 years old,” said Le Cong Vinh, former captain of Vietnam senior football team and founder of the CV9 Academy.
“I want to open the CV9 Academy to help juniors develop physical strength, as well as a spirit of unity, to help each other in sport. The institute is also a place for juniors to develop their passion of football,” said Vinh.
Vinh invited former Australian national footballer Marshall Soper to be a technical consultant for his academy.
The Institute also invited foreign and domestic coaches to train, including female footballer Nguyen Thi Kim Hong of Vietnam women’s football team.
Vinh is acting chairman of the V.League 1 side HCM City FC. He was part of the Vietnamese national team from 2004 to 2016.
He is widely considered one of the best players in Southeast Asia, and won the Vietnamese Golden Ball Award three times in 2004, 2006 and 2007.
- HCM City’s District 9 to get Sense City shopping mall
- Ballet Giselle returns to HCM City Opera House
- Hanoi, HCM City pay heavy price for poor planning
- Vibrant and Cosmopolitan City of Manila
- 5 Good Reasons to Choose Dublin As a City Break Destination
- Did You Know That Port Townsend, WA, is Also Called the City of Dreams?
- SoWa Open Market and Antique Market - Boston's Hippest Open Air Shopping Venue
- Top Things to Do in New York City
- Oklahoma City Movie Theaters
- Oklahoma City Tourist Attractions