China is considering a visit to Japan by President Xi Jinping when the summit of the Group of 20 advanced and emerging economies is held in Osaka on June 28 and 29 next year, diplomatic sources said Thursday.Japan, meanwhile, is hoping Prime Minister Shinzo Abe can visit China as early as the autumn, as this year marks the 40th anniversary of the signing of a friendship treaty between the two countries, the sources said.If Xi’s visit as a state guest — the highest level of recognition during such events — is realized, he will become the first Chinese head of state to visit Japan since Hu Jintao in 2008.The two countries recently agreed to go forward with mutual visits by their respective leaders amid efforts to improve bilateral ties.Abe and Xi have not held talks in the context of an official visit by either side since they took office in 2012 and 2013, but years of strain on bilateral relations due to historical and territorial grievances have recently given way to a thaw.Chinese Premier Li Keqiang will visit Japan next week to attend a trilateral summit on Wednesday, with Abe and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, to discuss North Korea… Read full this story
- President Xi Jinping speaks to Chinese astronauts in space station; says mission an ‘important milestone’
- Japan's deputy defense minister says Taiwan must be protected 'as a democratic country'
- China uses Uyghur forced labour to make solar panels, says report
- Chinese State Media Publishes ‘Three-Stage Battle Plan’ For Taiwan Invasion As President Xi Calls For ‘Complete Reunification’
- President Xi Jinping speaks to Chinese astronauts in space station; says mission an 'important milestone'
- China's Xi calls on EU to jointly pursue cooperation
- China's Xi pledges 'reunification' with Taiwan on party's birthday
- President Xi’s Great Chinese Soccer Dream
- President Xi warns China’s enemies will ‘have their heads bashed bloody’ as he ‘builds 100 new nuclear missile silos’
- US President Joe Biden to skip Tokyo Olympic games, says White House
China’s President Xi may visit Japan in June 2019, diplomatic sources say have 323 words, post on www.japantimes.co.jp at May 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.