With its eclectic fusion of Regency and mythological motifs, Havona House stands out amid the stucco-fronted Victorian townhouses in Notting Hill’s Pembridge Villas. The newly built mansion’s mock neoclassical columns and the limestone carvings of Greek deities on the facade reflect the roots of its owner, property investor Costas Diamantopoulos. Stepping inside the 8,600 sq ft (800 sq m) property, which is on the market for £25m, you are confronted by an array of opulent features, including a free-floating stone staircase, hand-blown glass pendants and marble en-suite bathrooms. But the most extraordinary parts of this substantial home, just a short walk from bustling Portobello Road market, lie below ground in a double-level basement, which cost £4m to build. On its first floor is an underground garage, in which up to three cars can be parked via robotic platforms. On the lower floor is a 70ft swimming pool, which is filled by a waterfall that cascades over mirrored panels, with a cinema screen to the left. Mango onyx marble panels line the right-hand wall, with a Turkish bath, sauna, shower and a gym further on the other side. At the far end is a £30,000 plaster sculpture of four dancing figures,… Read full this story
- Did Jeffrey Epstein get rich on the back of Robert Maxwell’s stolen pension pot millions? EDWARD JAY EPSTEIN investigates the seemingly unsolvable mystery of how Prince Andrew's paedophile friend made his fortune
- Parents find themselves digging up new options on schooling just weeks ahead of academic year
- David and Victoria Beckham plan to build a LAKE on their £6m Cotswolds estate... after it was revealed they are set to add a wine cellar, underground tunnel and 'super garage'
- Betsy DeVos’ Holy War
- David Shor’s Unified Theory of American Politics
- Jeffrey Epstein boasted about ‘flying to Moscow to visit Vladimir Putin’ as secrets behind his millions are revealed
- Elon Musk is now richer than Warren Buffett as Tesla stock rockets 14% to an all-time high of $321billion and briefly becomes 10th largest US company by market value
- Ghislaine Maxwell latest: Jeffrey Epstein’s ex-lover believes he was murdered as she awaits trial in Brooklyn prison
- This pandemic has made voters desperate for change. But that's not Labour's strategy
- Britain will resume arms sales to Saudi Arabia despite fears weaponry could be used against civilians in Yemen - 24 hours after Dominic Raab put 20 of the Crown Prince's officials on sanctions list over 'human rights abuses'
'A pool in the basement is a clear marker of wealth': how the super-rich are digging down have 398 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.