At least 15 school students were killed after the vehicle they were travelling in collided with a passenger train at an unmanned crossing. The incident took place on Thursday early morning in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar. All students are said to be from Divine Public School. There were at least 25 people, including children in the van, most of whom were children below the age of 10 years, the official said. The children were killed on the spot when Thawe-Kapatanganj passenger train (55075) crashed into the van at an unmanned crossing gate at Behpurva, said Ved Prakash, spokesperson for Railways. The train was on way to Gorakhpur from Siwan. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has reached the hospital where the injured are being treated. He has declared ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh for the affected families and also directed an inquiry into cause of accident. ‘The CM expressed deepest condolences on this very unfortunate incident and directed district administration to provide all help and medical aid,’ said the statement released from the CM’s office. — Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) April 26, 2018 Meanwhile, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has also ordered an inquiry into the accident. ‘I have asked senior officials to conduct an… Read full this story
- Three ways for UK schools to improve their race relations now
- Lots of toddlers, fewer school-age kids in S.F.
- Teaching unions push for an EVEN LONGER schools closure as they warn even March 8 could be 'too early' to return to the classroom
- Boris Johnson reveals schools won't reopen until at least MARCH 8 as he extends lockdown by another three weeks - but tries to quell mounting Tory anger with pledge of 'road map' out of curbs
- Free school meals voucher scheme reopens to help millions of children
- Storm Orlena bears down on the East Coast: One dead as 'seriously dangerous' nor'easter is set to bring two feet of snow and officials warn people to STAY HOME
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Of course I'm sorry.' 'Affluenza teen' Ethan Couch finally apologizes for killing four people in drunken crash after weekly jail visits from victim's chaplain best friend who says the privileged young man is not as arrogant as the world thinks
- The Auschwitz arrivals unaware of their fate: Unseen photos taken by SS guards reveal fear and confusion on the faces of children and families as hundreds of Hungarian Jews get off trains into Nazi death camp
- How a British couple took in a family of Jews from Austria during the Second World War after a chance encounter on a Vienna riverboat five years earlier
- Widow of husband who took own life saw horror motorbike crash that killed new fiancé
UP: 15 children dead after school vehicle crashes into train in Kushinagar, CM Yogi rushes to meet families have 429 words, post on www.dnaindia.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.