Ronny Jackson, the White House doctor and Donald Trump‘s nominee for veterans’ affairs secretary, crashed a government car while driving drunk and was known as “Candyman” due to his prescribing practices, it has been claimed. Democrats compiled a dossier of allegations against Rear Admiral Jackson that included the claim he gave out such a large supply of a prescription opioid that colleagues panicked because they thought the drugs were missing. Senators are yet to decide whether to approve Adm Jackson’s nomination, and White House spokesman Raj Shah said aides were “of course” preparing for the possibility he might withdraw. Adm Jackson, a former combat medic, denied crashing the car, adding: “I have no idea where that is coming from.” Read more Donald Trump UK visit set for July as mass protests planned Mr Trump’s press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said on Wednesday that Adm Jackson had passed “at least four independent background checks” that found “no areas of concern.” “He has received more vetting than most nominees,” she added. The allegations against him were released publicly on the day his confirmation hearing was due to have been held. The hearing was postponed indefinitely while the claims are reviewed. The document also referred to multiple instances of… Read full this story
- Trump has completed treatment for COVID-19, says White House doctor
- Donald Trump tweeted video calling for peace after White House counsel Pat Cipollone warned him he faces criminal charges for inciting riot - and now lawyer is considering quitting too
- Trump returns to White House early, offers year-end message
- Trump to return to White House early from Florida vacation
- Trump declares Biden ‘will NOT take White House’ and says he ‘won’t like Pence if he doesn’t come through for us’
- As US Congress Certifies Biden's Win, Analysts Reflect on Trump's Post-White House Political 'Brand'
- Donald Trump: Meet the doctors who have been responsible for the president's health
- Biden announces White House digital team
- Trump pressured Georgia election investigator to 'find voter fraud' in ANOTHER call and White House forced US attorney to resign because he wasn't 'doing enough to overturn Biden's win'
- Ex-White House officials urge Trump to condemn violence at Capitol
Trump's White House doctor and cabinet nominee 'crashed government car while drunk', claim Democrats have 359 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.