Around one-third of the world’s population reside in India and China. India and China are among the fastest growing major economies in the world. If both the countries can set differences aside and forge strong economic, cultural and military ties, then it can be a formidable alliance which can actually take on the US-led bloc which at present calls the shots in international affairs. Prime Minister Narendra is in China and to hold an informal summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping. Both leaders will have one-to-one interaction over the course of next two days during which several long pending issues are likely to be discussed. Indian envoy to Beijing had yesterday (April 26) stressed on the need for greater trust between the two neighbours. Earlier, a top Chinese diplomat had said that the Doklam standoff happened due to “lack of mutual trust” between India and China. So, the trust has been a major issue between New Delhi and Beijing. A lot has happened in the last 60 years due to which a deep sense of mistrust has crept into India-China relations. There was a time when India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had coined a phrase “Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai”, but… Read full this story
- Trump offers to mediate as India, China eye reset
- Can India, China Manage their Ties Within BRICS, SCO Despite Their Competitive Relationship?
- China gets aggressive against India on LAC to deflect global pressure
- ‘Reminder of threat posed by Beijing’: US backs India amid border tensions with China
- China rejects Trump's offer to mediate in border standoff with India
- China creating hindrance in patrolling along Line of Actual Control, says govt
- Donald Trump offers to 'mediate or arbitrate' between India and China
- India has not joined China bashing game: Beijing
- Opinion: Who Will Replace China: India or Vietnam?
- Donald Trump's WHO Letter About China Explained: An Annotated Timeline
Time for India-China to bury the hatchet and emerge as a strong Asian bloc have 305 words, post on www.oneindia.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.