Representatives of Swedish firms expressed their wish to expand cooperation, and open offices in Vietnam, including Ho Chi Minh City, in the coming time, as well as to increase investment and FDI in Ho Chi Minh City during a meeting with Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Phong on April 24.
Head of the delegation Jan Stjernstrom, who is Chairman of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, said his organisation has 300 member firms, adding that many Swedish businesses have cooperated with the Vietnam side, and some of those operating in HCM City – the economic hub of Vietnam.
At the working session, Chairman Phong applauded Swedish firms’ active cooperation with HCM City authorities, especially in high tech development and innovation solutions – Sweden’s strength.
HCM City is calling for investment, and cooperating with foreign partners to build six Metro lines, Phong revealed, adding that this is an opportunity for Swedish businesses to seek investment cooperation in this area.
He suggested Swedish enterprises operating in health care work with the locality on technology transfer and new health management models as well as training for medical workers.
According to Phong, HCM City’s health sector is facing difficulties such as medical equipment and facilities and human resources, and hospital overloading.
Sweden has successfully implemented the SymbioCare in the health care system – a comprehensive business model that includes a hospital design with all associated equipment and facilities as well as an intelligent operating mechanism that integrates environmentally friendly and efficient technologies.
Besides, Phong also called on Swedish enterprises to pour investments into the fields that the city plans to develop such as smart city building, waste treatment, and seaport development.
The municipal authority will create favourable conditions for enterprises’ investment and business in the locality, he affirmed.-VNA
- HCM City targets 8.5 percent of GRDP in 2020
- HCM City wants to boost cooperation with Chinese localities
- New-style rural area programme improves incomes in HCM City
- WB to provide credit for institutional reforms in HCM City
- HCM City steps up cooperation with JICA
- HCM City to host 3rd Denim&jean show
- HCM City banquet marks 69 years of Vietnam-China diplomatic ties
- Third int’l Denims & Jeans exhibition underway in HCM City
- HCM City to have 150-hectare park
- HCM City primary school students participate in road safety event