Image zoom Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images Stan Lee just filed a Hulk-sized lawsuit against his former business manager. The Marvel Comics maven is suing his ex-manager Jerardo Olivarez for allegedly duping him out of millions of dollars — and even stealing his blood, according to legal documents obtained by PEOPLE. After Lee’s wife Joan died in late 2017, the comic book legend “became the target of various unscrupulous businessmen, sycophants and opportunists who saw a chance to take advantage of [his] despondent state of mind,” according to the complaint Lee filed in Los Angeles. Olivarez, the complaint alleges, “was one such opportunist.” Following Joan’s death, the complaint claims, his ex-manager and other plaintiffs consolidated control of Lee’s professional and personal affairs, and “caused approximately $4.6 million dollars to be transferred out of [his] Merrill Lynch Account without [his] authorization.” Lee also claims in the complaint that Olivarez “convinced [him]” to create a “false charity” called Hands of Respect, which Lee’s lawyers say was used to funnel money away from Lee and into Olivarez’s own pockets. For instance, the documents claim that a check was drawn from Lee’s assets for $300,000, which was purported to be a loan for Hands of… Read full this story
- The Situation -- Buries the Hatchet With Ex-Manager ... Drops $1 Million Lawsuit
- Stan Lee's Tumultuous Last Days: From 'Occasional Spats' with Daughter to a $1 Billion Lawsuit
- Why Marvel Legend Stan Lee Was Said to Be Worth Only $50 Million Before Death at 95
- Damon Dash sues ex wife Rachel Roy for fraud as he claims he's not getting 'his cut of her brand's earnings'
- Singaporean allegedly swindled US$352m for jet-set life
- Uber investor sues ex-CEO Travis Kalanick for fraud, 'gross mismanagement'
- Ex-Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Plans To Sue Feds For Alleged Retaliation During Prison Stint
- 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' Ex-Employees Allege Toxic Work Culture
- Bruce Lee's Daughter Sues Fast Food Chain for Using Father's Image
- Feds hit ex-S.F. building official with more fraud charges
Stan Lee sues ex-manager for allegedly swindling him out of millions have 321 words, post on ew.com at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.