By Jon Wilner | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: April 13, 2018 at 6:59 am | UPDATED: April 13, 2018 at 7:01 am Every so often, we’re able to remove the shroud from the Pac-12 Networks and examine the conference’s wholly-owned, controversial, hugely-expensive, modestly-successful media enterprise. The last such instance came in September, when the Hotline acquired closely-guarded TV ratings that showed Olympic sports broadcasts — the object of so much network investment — were watched by friends and families and very few others. Well, another morsel of information has surfaced to help fill in one pixel of the Pac-12 Networks’ financial screen. It comes in the form of a report by SNL Kagan, the highly-respected media research firm that has been tracking audience data for a half-century. The report, obtained by the Hotline from a source (and published below), lists the average subscriber fee for dozens of national sports networks — from ESPN to the World Fishing Network, from the SEC Network to the Outdoor Channel. The numbers are hardly flattering for the Pac-12, but the issue is complicated and requires extensive context. Kagan’s research shows that, in addition to its well-documented limited reach (i.e., households), the… Read full this story
- CU Buffs coach Mel Tucker can “change the complete dynamic of this conference,” Pac-12 Network host says
- NFL Brand Favorability PLUMMETS. Viewership Drops. League Execs Hit Panic Button.
- Pac-12 commissioner says missing playoff 'harmful' to league
- Pac-12 study reveals athletes 'too exhausted to study effectively'
- Greg Anthony: It’s too early for Nuggets “to push the panic button”
- Christians press the panic button
- Pac-12 commissioner says missing playoff ‘harmful’ to league
- Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott says missing College Football Playoff “harmful” to league
- Ducks' Cristobal takes AP Pac-12 Coach of the Year honors
- Two CU Buffs receive AP All-Pac-12 football honors
Pac-12 Networks: Media industry report shows steep drop in subscriber fees (but don’t hit the panic button just yet) have 292 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.