President Trump has emerged from a meeting with his national security team without a “final decision” on how to respond to a suspected chemical weapons attack in Syria. That’s after Mr. Trump said earlier this week that he would have a decision in a very short period of time. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Mr. Trump held a meeting Thursday afternoon with his team to discuss the situation. But she says, “No final decision has been made.” Sanders added that U.S. officials are “continuing to assess intelligence” and are “engaged in conversations with our partners and allies.” Mr. Trump is slated to speak with French President Emmanuel Macron and British Prime Minister Theresa May Thursday evening. Earlier this week, a missile launch on Syria seemed imminent. Trump outpaces military, intelligence assessments in tweets on Syria On Monday, Mr. Trump said a decision on how to respond to the attacks would come in “24 to 48” hours. On Thursday, Mr. Trump tweeted that missiles, “new” and “‘smart'” are coming. But since then, Mr. Trump has backed off slightly, and rebuffed claims that he has given away the timetable on a Syria response — something he accused former President… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Doing 'Well,' But 'Not Yet Out of the Woods,' White House Says
- Good luck with that! Melania Trump invokes sense of national unity as she shows off White House Christmas decorations for last time (unless her husband really does run again)
- White House Official Called Trump a ‘Deplorable’
- REVEALED: Trump will host up to two Christmas parties a DAY inside the White House between now and 25th with no mention of masks on the invites (and Republicans are falling out about being snubbed!)
- Trump claims White House can overrule FDA's attempt to toughen guidelines for coronavirus vaccine
- Melania gets in the holiday spirit as she welcomes White House tree for the last time - after that secret recording captured her telling employee: 'Who gives a f*** about Christmas stuff'
- Barack Obama says Michelle has been 'more relaxed and joyful' since leaving the White House, after struggling with the 'pressure to get everything right' - and reveals how they rediscovered their 'deep love' as a couple
- Trump family are all smiles as they join Donald for his 2am speech declaring 'victory' from the White House after glamorous election viewing party
- Kayleigh McEnany says she ‘knew God had put me in this position’ as Trump’s White House press secretary
- Three Days After Trump's COVID Diagnosis, White House Tells Staff With Symptoms to Stay Home
No "final decision" yet on Syria response, White House says have 424 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at April 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.