The annual event held by the municipal Department of Tourism features 150 booths of travel agencies, hotels, retailers, restaurants, transporters and airlines. This year, the fair is themed “Discovering 2018 Summer”.
An array of promotional programmes are available at the festival, including “Hunting zero VND tour” with 1,000 free tickets for domestic and foreign tours, a gold hour of low prices and “buy one tour, get one tour”.
The Vietnam Airlines Corporation will set aside 2,400 promotional codes with a 30 percent discount for individuals on domestic and international flights and up to 49 percent for groups on international flights.
Travel aficionados will have chance to receive a maximum discount of 50 percent when buying TransViet Co., Ltd’s tours to Phu Quoc island (109.56 USD) and Con Dao island (87.56 USD).
Meanwhile, foreign tours are discounted at 10-50 percent, including
Vietravel’s tours to Siem Reap-Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Myanmar and Bangkok-Pattaya (Thailand).
A ceremony to honour the city’s Top 100 tourism brands is scheduled on April 14.
A tourism app featuring tourism information searches and guides and introducing the city’s tourist attractions will be launched by the organising board.
Through promotional programmes offered during the four-day festival, revenue and bookings are expected to surge 20-25 percent from last year’s event.
- Winners named in HCM City Tour Guide contest
- Circus artists to dazzle HCM City and Da Nang
- HCM City, Japan’s Miyagi prefecture seek ways to deepen partnership
- Deal signed to boost HCM City supporting industries through fairs
- HCM City seeks 260,000 voluntary blood donors
- HCM City set to construct subterranean layer
- HCM City solicits investment in transport infrastructure
- Serviced apartments for rent mushroom in downtown HCM City
- International coffee exhibition opens in HCM City
- HCM City seeks cooperation in climate change adaptation with Indonesia