This is a painful way for a team to lose a game. Shanna Lockwood-USA TODAY Sports Monday night’s Houston Astros-Los Angeles Angels game ended with umpires overturning a call on a challenge that gave the Angels the final out.The Angels were leading the Astros 2-0 but were in some trouble with runners on first and second with two out. Yuli Gurriel was on second after singling and Alex Bregman was on first after a walk. Keynan Middleton struck out the next two batters and was facing Max Stassi with the game on the line.Middleton bounced his 0-2 pitch, which was blocked by catcher Martin Maldonado. Both runners tried to advance on the ball in the dirt, and Maldonado recovered and threw to third to get Gurriel. Gurriel was called safe, but it was clear that Maldonado’s throw had beaten him and Luis Valbuena had applied the tag, so the Angels challenged.It didn’t take long for the umpires to review the play and overturn the call to declare Gurriel out. That ended the game, taking the bat out of Stassi’s hands with a chance to tie the game or take the lead.Those who say instant replay is bad for baseball should… Read full this story
- Mets On Houston Astros Scandal: Davis Feels ‘Ashamed,’ Marisnick Knew ‘Something Was Going Too Far’
- #CancelHouston: Comedian Daniel Tosh bashes Houston Astros on social media
- Players turn on MLB over Houston Astros cheating scandal
- What The Houston Astros Have Said About Their Sign-Stealing Scandal As Spring Training Begins
- LeBron James Calls Out MLB Commissioner Over Houston Astros Scandal: 'Listen to Your Players'
- Houston Astros pitcher Francis Martes suspended 162 games for performance enhancing drug use
- Houston Astros Sign Stealing Scandal: MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred Explains Why Players Weren't Punished
- Houston Astros Fan Sues Team After Sign-Stealing Scandal, Alleges They 'Secretly Put a Deficient Product on The Field'
- Pirates’ Gerrit Cole Traded To Houston Astros
- Little League teams in several states are dropping the Houston Astros name in the wake of its cheating scandal
Houston Astros lose game to Angels on challenge have 336 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at April 22, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.