The New Hampshire House debates a measure to repeal the state’s death penalty, April 26, 2018. Ethan DeWitt—Ethan DeWitt Representative Renny Cushing speaks in favor of repealing the death penalty bill at the State House in Concord on Thursday, April 26, 2018. The roll call was 223-116. Governor Chris Sununu has vowed to veto the bill. GEOFF FORESTER—Monitor staff Representative Alfred Baldasaro holds up a red handkerchief as he votes against the repeal of the death penalty bill in front of the house on Thursday, April 26, 2018. GEOFF FORESTER—Monitor staff By ETHAN DeWITT Monitor staff Thursday, April 26, 2018 Print State House The New Hampshire House approved a bill to repeal the state’s death penalty Thursday, 223-116, sending the measure to the governor despite his vow to veto it.The legislation, Senate Bill 593, would strike the words “may be punished by death” from the state’s capital punishment statute, replacing them with “shall be sentenced to imprisonment for life without the possibility for parole.” New Hampshire is one of 31 states to have the death penalty, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.The measure passed the Senate 14-10 in March, but faces a veto from Gov. Chris Sununu, who said earlier this… Read full this story
- Washington State Just Abolished the Death Penalty, Citing "Racial Bias"
- Nebraska becomes 19th state to abolish death penalty as Legislature overrides Gov. Pete Ricketts' veto
- House sends president a bill to repeal Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood
- New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson signs bill banning death penalty
- Poll finds broad support among New Yorkers for death penalty in Khalid Shaikh Mohammed terror case
- Obama vetoes GOP attempt to repeal Obamacare
- Maryland House Speaker Busch dies, a Chesapeake Bay defender
- Let loose by the Governor
- Andrew the enigma: How well do we really know the man who would be governor?
- First IoT security bill reaches governor's desk in California
House sends death penalty repeal to governor's desk despite veto threat have 304 words, post on www.concordmonitor.com at April 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.