The nation’s largest economic hub, Ho Chi Minh City, will require approximately 80,000 workers in the second quarter of this year, as forecast by the Ho Chi Minh City Human Resources Forecast and Labor Market Information (Falmi) Center.
|The city’s demand for workers with university or higher degrees accounts for 24.12 pct of the total human demand – Illustrative image|
The city will need about 54,000 workers in April and May; and 26,000 workers in June this year.
The demand for human resources is focused on the areas of retail staff (19.85 percent); services (15.41 pct), textiles and footwear (8.3 pct), transportation – warehousing – import and export (6.99 pct), consultancy services – customer care (5.56 pct), information technology (4.33 pct), accounting – audit (3.76 pct), property and real estate sales (3.47 pct), mechanics – automation (3.13 pct), and others.
The city’s demand for workers with university or higher degrees accounts for 24.12 pct of the total human demand, while the demand for workers with vocational training makes up 18.58 pct of the total demand. In addition, the city needs around 24.04 pct of untrained labourers.
According to Falmi, the sectors that witnessed the highest demand for human resources in the first quarter of this year were sales, services, information technology, textiles – footwear, and information consultancy services – customer care.
The information was announced based on the Falmi’s surveys of more than 7,700 enterprises and more than 13,700 job seekers during the first quarter of this year.
- Ho Chi Minh city’s leaders congratulate Netherlands’ National Day
- Le Nguyet Minh wins 23rd stage of Ho Chi Minh Television Cycling Tournament
- Can Tho cyclists win Ho Chi Minh Television Cycling Tournament’s eighth stage
- Forget Clutch Play, Utah Jazz Have Second Quarter Problems
- Manchester City vs Manchester United: What City need to win the Premier League title, team news and prediction
- Evan Fournier is the Orlando Magic’s second-quarter MVP
- Tough second quarter leads to Bucks loss
- 5 questions the Orlando Magic face in season’s second quarter
- Green Bay Packers: Second quarter rookie report
- Super Bowl commercials: Best ads from the second quarter