At a conference reviewing the four-year partnership between HCM City, Binh Thuan and Lam Dong on April 15, the Department of Culture, Sport and Tourism of Binh Thuan reported that 239 tourism projects in the province (62%) are run by investors from HCM City. The figure reported by Lam Dong was 100 (44%).
Under their partnership, the three localities have regularly exchange experience in State management of tourism and jointly hold events annually for their travel agencies.
Director of HCM City Department of Tourism Bui Ta Hoang Vu said the outcomes of the partnership proved that connectivity help the partners better tap their own potential and advantages.
From a business perspective, Nguyen Van My of Lua Viet company said the tourism brand of the three localities is weak, adding that for the connectivity to produce desired result, each locality should develop its own strength, which are then combined to create unique products able to compete with other regions.
Deputy Director of Lam Dong province’s Department of Culture, Sport and Tourism Nguyen Thi Bich Ngoc proposed building a joint tourism development plan with specific mechanisms designed to support local tourism firms, thus making the partnership more strong and effective.
The tourism sectors of the three localities pledged to push forward with the trilateral cooperation. They will take measures to improve joint promotion activities and build a joint brand along with a tourism app for the three localities as a whole.
- Ho Chi Minh City most populous city in Vietnam: 2019 census
- N. Korea's Kim pays tribute to Ho Chi Minh on Vietnam visit
- Derry Girls doing their bit to promote city's tourism
- Three arrested after pitch invasions at Swansea v Man City FA Cup tie
- Belarus-Uzbekistan Forum of Regions to bolster bilateral ties
- Kane limps off in Spurs v Man City Champions League tie
- Belarus, Armenia outline steps to bolster economic ties
- The curious and chequered history of cities named after people
- Tourism bosses meeting to figure out how to boost visitor numbers in Tayside and Fife
- Tourists behaving badly are a threat to global tourism