A health worker takes care for a patient with mental disorder (Source: nld.vn) Giang made the call during a working session of the Committee for Cultural and Social Affairs under the municipal People’s Council on April 10. Director of the city’s main mental hospital Trinh Tat Thang said the hospital provides checkups and treatment for about 6,800 patients each year, representing an annual rise of 10-15%. At the same time, the hospital is also responsible for the management, treatment and rehabilitation of 10,000 schizophrenics and 8,000 epileptics through a network of 24 district clinics and 320 communal health stations. Despite the tasks, the hospital has only 500 beds and 61 doctors. Dr Thang said the city needs 1,500 more beds to meet the rising demand for mental health care. He added that hard work and low salary make it difficult for the hospital to hire more staff. According to the doctor, the most common mental diseases recorded in recent years include anxiety disorder, depression, alcohol addiction, epilepsy and schizophrenia. Notably, neurosis cases related to stimulants are rising in young people, he added. At the session, head of the Committee for Cultural and Social Affairs Thi Thi Tuyet Nhung instructed relevant… Read full this story
- 'Delicate sense of terror': what does concrete do to our mental health?
- HCM City strives to join list of top 10 PAPI performers
- Demi Lovato speaks out on mental health issues
- HCM City sets growth target of 5 percent for 2020
- HCM City's digital transformation programme to improve quality of life, enhance competitive capacity
- Eight hotels in HCM City serve as paid quarantine sites
- HCM City takes steps to increase vaccinations among children
- Prince William urges football fans to look after their mental health
- IPL 2020: BCCI mulls mental health helpline number to deal with loneliness of bio-secure bubble
- Letters: children’s mental health is paramount
HCM City urged to improve mental health facilities have 293 words, post on english.vov.vn at April 11, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.