FORD has filed a patent for a crazy new car fitted with an eight-seater meeting room. The car giant has revealed sketches of the wacky self-driving motor that features a huge circular cabin. The “vehicle with round passenger compartment” ditches a traditional steering wheel and pedals in favour of the conference-style seating. Instead of a row of front and back seats there are eight seats in a circle in the patent filed with the US Patent & Trademark Office. Positioned on a single track these can be moved around and taken out depending on how many people are needed. The sides would have windows and the roof would be a huge glass dome. For safety, an airbag would be hidden under the table ready to deploy in an accident. The Ford patent said: “The vehicle provides a versatile passenger compartment that may be used, e.g., when the vehicle is autonomously operated. “The table provides an area for occupants to collaboratively work or play. The passenger compartment provides a spacious interior space for occupants to use. Occupants may increase free space by moving and/or stowing the seats as discussed further below. “In some configurations, the passenger compartment may open to the… Read full this story
- Street wars 2035: can cyclists and driverless cars ever co-exist?
- 10 Super Cars for Super Skiers
- Android Auto vs. Apple CarPlay: Which In-Car System Is Right for You?
- This is Uber’s plan to deliver on flying ‘cars’
- Kitty Hawk begins certifying its self-flying taxis for service in New Zealand
- 24-hour car race helps automakers design your next hybrid vehicle
- How autonomous vehicles will change car ownership
- James Taylor and Carly Simon: The Rolling Stone Interview
- America’s most important luxury car show
- Who says size doesn't matter? One has got 2,000 lights and another took a week to decorate. Meet the women who are tapping into the growing trend for Christmas trees up to 18ft tall
Ford patents wacky self-driving car – with a MEETING ROOM for eight people and a panoramic domed roof have 315 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.