Đắk Lắk Province plans to build 18 solar power plants by 2020. — VNA/VNS Photo
The province has granted approval to four investors for the construction of four of the 18 solar power plants in Ea Súp District.
The investors include Long Thành Đắk Lắk Investment Joint-Stock Company, Xuân Thiện Co Ltd based in Ninh Bình Province, Vietnam’s dairy company TH True Milk Group, and US power group AES Corporation.
Phạm Ngọc Nghị, chairman of the province’s People’s Committee, said that the other 14 solar power projects would help meet the goals of the national project on renewable energy by 2020.
“The solar power projects will greatly contribute to the socio-economic development of the province’s Buôn Đôn and Ea Súp districts,” he said.
The facilities will be built on 7,494ha of deforested land or land that has not been effective for agricultural and forestry projects.
Nghị said that the hydroelectric lakes of Buôn Kuốp and Sêrêpốk hydropower plants would be useful during construction of the plants.
The province’s People’s Committee said it had finished compiling all necessary documents and would submit them to the Government for approval.
- Consumers Energy plans third solar power plant in Cadillac
- Utilities are starting to invest in big batteries instead of building new power plants
- FPL Showcases Brand-New Solar Power Plant
- Sunrun: Home Solar And Batteries Can Replace Retiring Gas-Fired Power Plants In Los Angeles
- Clancy DuBos: Entergy snafu gives City Council leverage over proposed power plant
- China to Build World's First Solar Power Station in Space in Next Five Years
- Hanergy to set up the region’s first thin-film solar power industrial park in Middle East
- L.A. to Ditch Three Natural Gas Power Plants
- Global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Industry Analysis, Size, Market share, Growth, Trend and Forecast to 2025
- Coal-fired power plant set to close, despite Pres. Trump's support