Hidemori, chairman of the Vietnam-Japan Friendship Association of Hokkaido, said cultural and trade exchanges and investment have been enhanced between the two sides since 2013, and the direct chartered flight resulted from positive co-operation between the two localities.
Vice chairman of the city’s People’s Committee, Ho Ky Minh said Da Nang had inked memorandums of understanding on investment and co-operation with Yokohama, Kawasaki and Sakai, and built relationships with 15 other cities in Japan.
Minh asked Hokkaido to support Da Nang building up seafood chains with funding from the Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA) of Kushiro city (a city on Hokkaido Island) in the coming years.
Da Nang is home to 143 Japanese projects with total investment of US$500 million. Foreign direct investment projects from Japan create 40,000 jobs for local and neighbouring provinces in central Vietnam.
Japanese tourists were Da Nang’s second largest tourist segment last year, with more than 400,000 – 10 times as many as in 2013 (40,000).
The national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and budget Jetstar Pacific Airlines run direct flights from Da Nang to Narita and Osaka, respectively.
- SOM 3 Conference in Central Da Nang City: Elevated International Position
- APGS golf summit opens in Central Da Nang city
- Qatar Airways to launch direct flights to Da Nang
- Air Mekong Launches Direct Flight to Phu Quoc
- Finnair to launch direct flights from Tallinn to Lapland this winter
- Honouring medal “For Culture, Sports and Tourism” for 73 individuals in Da Nang city
- Da Nang city confirms safe maritime environment
- “Six Trips – a Heart” photo exhibition opens in Da Nang city
- East - West Economic Corridor 2015 opens in Da Nang city
- Da Nang city to mobilise assistance for over 5,000 AO victims