Can Tho (VNA) – More than three tonnes of material fish were released to the wild at Ninh Kieu port of the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho on April 1 to honour the traditional day of Vietnam’s fishery sector.
Director of Can Tho city’s Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Ngoc He said about 8-10 tonnes of fish were released into nature in the city each year, in a bid to recover aquatic resources.
This time, the city also stepped up communications campaign to raise public awareness to protect the resources.
In early 2018, the Department and Can Tho’s city Buddhist Sangha signed a cooperation agreement on material fish release and aquatic resource protection.
Additionally, the city’s agricultural sector also asked surveillance units to work with relevant agencies to conduct frequent inspections on seafood exploitation.-VNA
- Nature's blueprint
- Rice U. physicists discover new type of quantum material
- 'Demonic' Fish Glows in Eerie Photo
- World’s biggest bird feeder will use 500 tonnes of shellfish
- Princeton University develops new multiplayer video game… for fish
- 'Quantum Material' Has Shark-Like Ability to Detect Small Electrical Signals
- The wiring for walking developed long before fish left the sea
- This Creepy Fish Packs 'Switchblades' in Its Face and Could Kill You with Its Venom
- Pasta and Oily Fish: These Foods May Affect Menopause Timing, New Study Finds
- Fish Carcass Found on Beach Resembles Prehistoric Sea Monster