Saigon Co.op to open 50 more convenience stores Saigon Co.op, the country’s leading retailer, will open an extra 50 Cheers in convenience stores in HCMC in partnership with NTUC FairPrice of Singapore this year, said Nguyen Thanh Nhan, general director of Saigon Co.op. At a 2017 review meeting of Saigon Co.op last week, Nhan said Cheers stores would sell household and consumer goods and operate 24/7. In HCMC, there are already two Cheers stores. Besides Cheers, Nhan said this year Saigon Co.op would open 19 more Co.opmart supermarkets, two more Co.opXtra stores, 150 more Co.opSmile shops and at least one more Co.opmart hypermarket in a high-end residential area. To maintain its position as Vietnam’s leading retailer, Saigon Co.op must focus on expanding the retail network, diversifying products and developing logistics, said Nhan. Saigon Co.op is expected to achieve a 10% increase in total revenue. A report released at the meeting showed that in 2017 Saigon Co.op made some VND30,000 billion in total revenue and Co.op Xtra enjoyed export growth of 30%. Customs officers implicated in fuel smuggling case in Binh Thuan Smuggling activities of Duong Dong Hoa Phu Co. in the south-central province of Binh Thuan were helped by officers…
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 7
- Fact check: At briefing, Trump continues to mislead on coronavirus, mail-in voting and Beirut
- Full list of businesses not allowed to reopen on August 1 including casinos and bowling alleys
- Friday briefing: Vulnerable children left in filthy cells, says custody monitor
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area businesses see one of nation’s highest pandemic closure rates
- Will Richard Branson ever be Richard Branson again?
- Coronavirus live updates: Newsom pushes tax relief for small businesses, including ‘hiring tax credit’
- Judge Denies WGA’s Motion To Compel Big 3 Agencies To Expand Discovery In Packaging-Fees Fight
- With marijuana going legit, marketing blitz takes a hit
- XFL Acquired By Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia And RedBird Capital Partners
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 15/4 have 317 words, post on at April 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.