BENIDORM bosses have revealed the first look of Claire Sweeney’s character.
She plays Maxine a no-nonsense airport ground worker, who clashes with the Dawson family when they try to get back on a flight to the UK.
The actress looks a far cry from her usual self in the first image, with her hair styled on top of her head in large doughnut bun.
She is seen with her arms folded and an unimpressed look on her heavily made-up face.
Claire, who is expected to star in the series finale this week, will be reunited with her former co-star Kate Fitzgerald, who portrayed Doreen Corkhill in Brookside, again as she plays man-eating granny Loretta Dawson.
A source told The Sun newspaper: “It’s pure coincidence they’ve ended up being on screen together but Brookie fans will love it.”
Claire has spent time concentrating on her stage career since leaving the Channel 4 soap.
She’s had roles in Chicago, Guys and Dolls and Dirty Dancing, as well as having parts in various pantos.
Series 10 of the Benidorm has featured some exciting cameos – including Bobby Ball, who is one half of the comedy duo Cannon and Ball.
The former I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! contestant had hoped to keep his appearance a secret until the show airs in 2018, but he was spotted filming in the Spanish resort by holidaymakers.
Most Read In TV and Showbiz
Steph Davis sparks Calum Best romance rumours on Marbella break with Dan & Gabby
THE ONLY WAY IS EXIT
Towie’s Frankie Essex attempts to leave restaurant before paying bill
DALE’S TRAGIC LAST DAYS
Pals tell of Dale Winton’s agony as he lost home, career & his hope
BOOZE ‘ON REPEAT’
Avicii’s dangerous diet revealed in haunting interview before his death
‘our hearts are full of love’
Katherine Jenkins gives birth to a baby boy named Xander
mugged off for good
Megan McKenna and ‘Muggy’ Mike Thalassitis SPLIT after 2 month romance
The Chuckle Brothers also had an guest spot this series as bosses attempt to drum up viewers.
The Sun has recently revealed that the forthcoming series may be the last as viewer figures have started to plummet and some of the cast members have left.
A source said: “Some feel the show has done its time. It’s still popular but many of the old faces are long gone.
“There is a feeling it is going through the motions.
“Series 11 is yet to be commissioned and the concern is if it does take a break it might never come back.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- These awesome robotic exoskeletons help Japanese airport workers lift super-heavy loads
- President Trump Pushes for More Foreign Guest Workers, H2-Bs, Migrant Farm Workers at Michigan Rally
- More than 3,000 iPad Mini units stolen from NY airport, suspect arrested (Updated)
- Workers with superhuman powers, Robot Exoskeleton
- DHS Nielsen Endorses More H-2B Visa Workers
- Story behind Jobs’ iconic black turtleneck revealed
- Officials: Frontier Airlines employee stabbed inside Philadelphia airport terminal
- Gatwick Airport reveals £15m IT makeover
- Report: Amazon Importing More Foreign Workers to Take Coveted Tech Industry Jobs than Facebook, Google Combined
- Seafood Industry Complains of Tightened Labor Market, Begs Trump to Import More Foreign Workers