U.S. companies such as Goldman Sachs are among the worst offenders for gender pay gaps in the United Kingdom – but don’t expect Americans to get similar data any time soon. Companies in Britain with more than 250 employees were required to submit data about their employees’ hourly wages and bonuses, with results coming out this week. The trove of data shows how women and men are paid in the U.K., though it also shows the lack of equality at many multinational American companies. Goldman Sachs International, an entity of bank J.P. Morgan, financial firm Stifel Nicolaus, apparel company Williamson-Dickie (which makes Dickies-brand clothing), real estate company Jones Lang Lasalle Limited, an entity of beauty products manufacturer Coty and consultancy GP Strategies were all in the top 100 for worst gender pay gaps by mean hourly rate, with all reporting at least a 53% gap in pay for male and female employees. Women launch #PayMeToo amid trove of UK gender pay gap data Stifel Nicolaus, headquartered in St. Louis, had the biggest gap among American-based companies, with a 60.3% gap. The average gap for the more than 10,000 listed companies is around 14%. Some of the most unbalanced workplaces are… Read full this story
- Anger as leading FTSE 100 firms have gender pay gap twice UK average
- Gender pay gap: stop paying lip service and put your money where your mouth is
- BBC leads the way for broadcasters closing gender pay gap
- Gender pay gap has widened in many companies, figures suggest
- Three-quarters of big firms have gender pay gap in favour of men
- Large companies have published their gender pay gap figures: How does yours compare?
- We need new tactics to defeat the depressing gender pay gap
- F1 gender pay gap above UK average at all but one British team
- Bank of England chief under fire as gender pay gap grows
- Managers in Britain are still blind to the gender pay gap
American companies such as Goldman Sachs among UK's worst gender pay gap offenders have 311 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at April 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.