Vietnam is expected to replace the 5-in-1 Quinvaxem vaccine with the new ComBE Five in June as the former will no longer be produced. The Ministry of Health announced during a press conference on Monday that the made-in-Korea Quinvaxem vaccine will not be used in Vietnam’s National Expanded Vaccination Project in June and be replaced by ComBE Five, produced by India’s Biological E Limited. Both vaccines are meant to prevent five common and potentially fatal childhood diseases, including diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis B, and Haemophilus influenza type b. About 41 million doses of Quinvaxem have been used in Vietnam since 2010. In December 2016, Berna Biotech announced it would cease the production of the pentavalent vaccine. The Ministry of Health, UNICEF, and sponsors had discussed and decided that the ComBE Five would become the country’s new 5-in-1 vaccine. Approximately 300 million doses of ComBE Five have been supplied to 43 countries, and Vietnam is expected to receive five million shots on a yearly basis. According to Tran Nhu Duong, deputy head of the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, the Indian-made vaccine was evaluated by the World Health Organization in 2012. It was piloted in Binh Luc, Kim… Read full this story
- 40% of children are not fully vaccinated, says NSO report
- Covid Speed Read: K V Kamath declines need for stimulus 2.0; Oxford vaccine trials pause over volunteer safety
- Now just free Africa of vaccine-derived poliovirus
- UNICEF to lead global procurement, supply of COVID-19 vaccines
- Coronavirus vaccination: What are we actually waiting for?
- Could Trump push a vaccine through before election day?
- What is an EUA, and what does it have to do with how quickly we get a coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 vaccines at clinical trial stage in India, SII to begin Phase 3 trial soon: ICMR
- West Bengal govt asks medical establishments to send list of workers to be given COVID-19 vaccine
- Russian Partner Open, Transparent in Sharing Details of Sputnik V Vaccine - Dr. Reddy’s
Vietnam to replace pentavalent vaccine this year have 318 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.