A four-day meeting for fablabs, or fabrication laboratories, from multiple Asian countries and territories kicked off in Ho Chi Minh City on Wednesday, providing opportunities for the participants to share their knowledge and cooperate to solve problems in the local context.
The fourth annual conference, centering on the theme ‘Co-create A Better World,’ is being attended by nearly 100 people who are amateur inventors, engineers and education experts from Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, the Philippines, India, Bangladesh, and Jordan.
The event, running between May 2 and 5, is intended for fabrication laboratories, which are small-scale workshops for designing products deploying machining, 3D printing and computers.
The conference’s first main part involved discussions with speakers on invention and creative education, a form of teaching where students are encouraged to solve challenges. In the other section, the participants worked together to design products tailored to local needs.
On the first day of discussion, an Indian doctor presented ways to bring fundamental technologies to 100 schools across four states in his homeland, and build laboratories which enable rural Indian students to launch start-ups with technology.
The Japanese fablab showed its creative education model, which suggests competitions in creating products of specific requirements between college-student-guided young learners.
During the course of the conference, domestic and international inventors are teaming up to handle several everyday problems in Vietnam with solutions that facilitate sustainable growth.
The ideas will be presented to a group of start-ups on the last day of the event.
- Web Conferencing - What You Need To Know Before Holding Conference Calls and Online Meetings
- Building the Case for the Relationship Networking Industry
- Choosing A First Class Network Marketing Company-Ten Key Guidelines
- Choose Conference Venues Discreetly
- 7 Reasons Why Everyone Needs a Network
- Use Social Networking To Build Buzz About Your Conference Or Live Event
- How Speakers, Exhibitors, Consultants, and Meeting Planners Partner-Generate More Money and Value
- The Biggest Networking Mistake
- What Is The Best Network Marketing Training? What's the Best MLM Business Building Advice?
- What's Your Time Worth - or - HOW TO WASTE $12,000 Networking