Washington DC (VNA) – Vietnamese Ambassador to the US Pham Quang Vinh received Vice President for International Services at the American Red Cross Jono Anzalone on March 26 to review the two countries’ humanitarian cooperation.
The two sides highlighted the collaboration between the Vietnam Red Cross and the US counterpart in health care, natural disaster mitigation and climate change response.
Anzalone said he prioritises relations with Vietnam and recognised the effective coordination of the Vietnam Red Cross.
Since 2012, the American Red Cross has carried out two important projects to increase the capacity of climate change response and mitigation of natural disaster risks in central and mountainous areas which are prone to natural disasters in Vietnam, he added.
Ambassador Vinh hoped the American Red Cross will continue working with the Vietnam Red Cross and help the Southeast Asian country’s localities cope with natural disasters.
Anzalone affirmed his organisation would continue long-term cooperation with Vietnam through 2020.-VNA
- Uzbek businesspersons aim to enhance cooperation with Egypt in the field of investment and trade: Ambassador
- Belarus, Russia mulling agreement to enhance cooperation in competition policy
- India, Cuba agree to enhance cooperation in biotechnology, renewable energy
- Rabat & Tunis Agree to Enhance Cooperation in Civil Aviation
- Egypt supports OPEC efforts to enhance cooperation among members
- Vietnam legislators back cyber law clamping down on tech firms, dissent
- Naomi Wadler, James Shaw Jr. And Others Honored As BET Humanitarian Heroes
- Japan to Invest More, Strengthen Maritime, Security Cooperation With Indonesia
- Chivita Active woos consumers in new campaign
- Department of Energy Invests $8.8 Million in Innovative Technologies to Enhance Fossil Energy Power Systems