The Hanoitimes – Vietnam is willing to cooperate with other ASEAN member states in medical response to natural calamities in the region, affirmed Deputy Minister of Health Pham Le Tuan at the second regional collaboration drill held in Da Nang on March 26. Vietnam to cooperate with ASEAN members in medical response The event, which was jointly held by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Thailand’s National Institute for Emergency Medicine (NIEM) and the municipal People’s Committee, is part of the project on strengthening the ASEAN regional capacity on disaster health management. Vietnam and other nine ASEAN states have proactively joined in the project since 2015. Tuan said that international drills will enable Vietnamese medical management agencies to improve their professional capacity in case of natural disasters. Senior Representative of JICA Vietnam Office Nozomi Iwama said that the rehearsal aims to bolster cooperation between medical forces to have prompt response in case of emergency. JICA will collect specific response and build a cooperation mechanism on health response in the ASEAN bloc, she noted. Ten emergency medical teams (EMTs) from ASEAN and Japan took part in the rehearsal in which a fierce storm was supposed to make landfall in the central… Read full this story
- Int’l experts propose measures for Vietnam’s sustainable energy
- Vietnam Rolls Out Cybersecurity Law Censoring ‘Toxic, Confusing’ Content Online
- Zambia Keen on Expanding Nuclear Energy Cooperation With Russia – Foreign Min.
- Iran to Review Security Cooperation With EU Following New Sanctions
- Military medics on standby as ambulance services disrupted
- Military medics on standby as series of strike actions begin
- Grayshott medical emergency fears
- Funding sought for new medical examiner after Espinola's payout
- Police hunt ‘abhorrent individuals’ responsible for Glasgow shooting
- Finance Minister takes responsibility for spiralling cost of new children's hospital
Vietnam to cooperate with ASEAN members in medical response have 286 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at March 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.