In Lang Son province, the Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU), in association with the Border Guard Command, launched the program “Accompanying border women” in the 2018-2020 period. Present at the event were Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh, VWU Chairman Nguyen Thi Thu Ha, Chief of the Vietnam Border Guard Command Lieutenant General Hoang Xuan Chien, among others.
The program was implemented with practical activities, such as improving women’s knowledge and skills, promoting women’s role in their families and in the community, to name just a few.
On this occasion, Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh attended a tree-planting festival in Dinh Lap town and handed over 220 scholarships, worth VND 1 million each, from the Vietnam Children Protection Fund to needy students in border communes. Meanwhile, the Border Guard Command presented VND 684 million of support to disadvantaged women in four poor border communes of Lang Son province.
|Vice President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh speaking at the event|
The Vietnam Women’s Union gave many gifts, worth VND 800 million in total, while the Central Committee of the Vietnam Red Cross Society handed over 140 gifts, valued VND 70 million, to needy women in Bac Xa commune.
* The Ministry of Public Security held a workshop, themed “Public security women – historical paths”, under the chair of Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Van Thanh, Deputy Minister of Public Security.
Reports at the workshop highlighted the role of policewomen in the national revolutionary cause and at the same time discussed their achievements and shortcomings to work out measures to uphold their task performance in the current context.
* Military Region 5 held a folksong singing contest for its affiliated units in celebration of the 1978th anniversary of the Hai Ba Trung (Trung sisters) Uprising and the 108th anniversary of the International Women’s Day (March 8).
Under the theme of “Resounding melodies”, the contest gathered interesting art performances in praise of the Party, Uncle Ho, and the national patriotism, and the role of women in the national struggle for independence and freedom as well as the national construction and development cause, to name just a few.
* The Women Board of Military Region 9, in association with the Hau Giang provincial Military Command, held an exchange for women of the armed forces of the 12 provinces in the military region.
The program offered an opportunity for local women to exchange experience and learn more about the traditions of military women.
The organizing board handed over a house to a needy member of Military Region 9’s Women’s Board, presented 20 scholarships, worth VND 500,000 each, to disadvantaged children, and 10 gifts to local women.
* The Women’s Union of the People’s Army Newspaper held a gathering on the occasion of the 1978th anniversary of the Hai Ba Trung (Trung sisters) Uprising and the 108th anniversary of the International Women’s Day.
At the event, participants reviewed outcomes in the performance of women at work over the past time, especially in implementing emulation movements and promoting traditions of military women. In addition, they joined a flower arranging contest and an art program after receiving gifts from the newspaper’s leadership.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Sony Celebrates International Women's Day with a New PS4 Theme
- Celebrate International Women’s Day With War Thunder
- I Am Bread Gets a New Mode to Celebrate Star Wars Day
- Celebrate the Memorial Day in Uncharted 3
- Injustice Mobile Celebrates Wonder Woman’s 75th Birthday
- EA Celebrates Star Wars Day with Battlefront, The Old Republic Free Trials on May 4
- The Elder Scrolls Online Gets Infographic in Celebration of Release Day
- GTA 5 screens show off various activities
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day With GTA Online’s ‘Be My Valentine’ Event
- Celebrate Star Wars Day by flipping Yoda pancakes with your R2D2 spatula