Tourist arrivals in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue in the first two months of 2018 rose sharply by 46.6 percent from a year earlier to over 715,960, partly thanks to various activities held during the Lunar New Year holiday (Tet). Tourism revenue of local accommodation establishments is estimated at 249.2 billion VND (10.9 million USD) in the two months, up almost 13.8 percent from the same period last year. Visitors to Thien Mu Pagoda in Hue city (Photo: VNA) On the six days of Tet from February 14 to 19 (the 29th day of the last lunar month to the fourth day of the Lunar New Year), the province welcomed more than 110,000 visitors and gained over 66.28 billion VND (2.9 million USD) in tourism revenue. During the Tet holiday, the Flag Tower in the Hue Imperial City was decorated with 1,000 LED lights, becoming a highlight of the city at night. Other relic sites such as the tombs of the Nguyen kings and Thien Mu Pagoda also organised a number of activities to serve tourists. An exhibition was opened at the Tomb of King Minh Mang during Tet, giving visitors an insight into the life of the kings… Read full this story
- 'Tourists go home': Is the party over for Ibiza?
- Indonesia to tighten COVID-19 restrictions for 2 weeks after virus surge
- At Least 5 States Set Single-Day Coronavirus Case Records
- Surging Virus Prompts Call to Halt In-Person TV and Film Production
- Indonesian govt ignores pleas for large-scale lockdown as Covid-19 cases surge
- Thừa Thiên-Huế Province aims to build a lotus brand
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JUNE 23
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 18
- Cyber trash: livestreamers swear at customers while selling goods
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 21
Thua Thien-Hue records surge of tourists in two months have 267 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.