The modern nuclear family has changed considerably over the years, and its evolution is something that ABC has already tapped into on plenty of occasions — particularly with the long-running success of the aptly-titled Modern Family. With Splitting Up Together, the network is bringing Office vet Jenna Fischer back to primetime for a new comedy with its sights on the controversial topic of divorce, though it sadly sidesteps the more interesting complications. All in all, Splitting Up Together is the story of a family dealing with the fallout of two parents who decide to (you guessed it) “split up together,” and the result is an entertaining, but mostly hollow, experience. That titular decision is made before the show even opens, too. Lena (Jenna Fischer) and Martin (Oliver Hudson) invite their closest friends and family over to announce they have decided to pull the plug on their relationship, but due to their shared financial woes with their house, they will continue to keep living together for the foreseeable future. As we watch them alternate between parenting duties and the single life on a weekly basis, Lena and Martin trade off the burdens/joys of taking care of their three eccentric kids, while… Read full this story
- The Office: Jenna Fischer Reveals What Was In The Note That Jim Wrote To Pam
- Quintessa Swindell To Headline ABC Comedy Pilot From Emily Kapnek & Dean Holland
- First Wives Club reunited! Bette Midler will join Goldie Hawn and Diane Keaton in new comedy Family Jewels in their first team-up in 24 YEARS
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan ‘Are Both Very Respectful’ of Each Other as They Date New People
- Jenna Dewan Responds to Fan Who Denies Her Resemblance to Jessie J: 'Positive Vibes'
- Jenna Dewan Is Taking Her Love of Nontoxic Beauty Products to the Next Level — and It's Good News for Her Daughter!
- Jessie J Says She's 'Embarrassed' and 'Disappointed' Over Jenna Dewan Comparisons
- BRIAN VINER: Sir Phillip to go green over new satirical film called Greed starring a High-Street fashion mogul called Sir Richard McCreadie
- Adam McKay Sets Jeffrey Epstein Limited Series Under First-Look Deal With HBO, Launches New Company
- Gary Janetti Explains His Sympathetic Shift in Meghan Markle Parodies: 'It's Not Fun to Pile On'
Splitting Up Together: Jenna Fischer's New ABC Comedy Is Formulaic, But Fun have 363 words, post on www.cinemablend.com at March 27, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.