Students of People’s Security Academy donate blood at the Red Spring 2018 blood donation festival on Saturday in Hà Nội. — VNS Photo Thanh Hải Viet Nam News HÀ NỘI — The National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (NIHBT) has collected nearly 10,300 units of blood from donors at the Lễ hội Xuân hồng 2018 (Red Spring 2018) blood donation festival in Hà Nội. Organised by the NIHBT and the Hà Nội Steering Committee for Voluntarily Blood Donation Mobilisation, the year’s largest blood donation festival aims to collect at least 8,000 units of blood from 15,000 participants, mainly youth and students, from March 3 to 11. “The annual festival has basically aimed to assist during the blood shortage for emergency aid and treatment at hospitals, as well as provide safe and sufficient blood for development of high medical techniques, such as organ transplants and cancer treatment, saving lives of patients with fatal diseases,” said Deputy Minister of Health Nguyễn Viết Tiến on Saturday. Tiến also expressed his hope that humanitarian blood donations would be further expanded among each family, as well as the entire society in the coming years. “The country experiences a blood supply shortage after the Tết (Lunar… Read full this story
- 9 big air shows taking place this summer in and around Surrey
- Ring in spring with Istanbul festivals
- Filming on new drama Obsession takes place in Newcastle
- Rival concerts take place on either side of Venezuela-Colombia border
- NHS appeal for 'free' blood donor buildings in West Berkshire
- Jewish festivals 2019 – from Shavuot and Purim to Yom Kippur, here are all the significant dates for the Hebrew Year
- Breaks to put a spring in your step
- What you need to know about the vernal equinox ahead of the first day of Spring
- Holi Festival 2019: What is the Indian Festival of Colours?
- Why the Tulip Festival at Arundel Castle is a must-visit
Red Spring blood donation festival takes place in Hà Nội have 310 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at March 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.