Vietnamese throughout the country are busy readying their households for the traditional storied trip of Vietnam’s family god to heaven on Thursday.In Vietnamese culture, the Kitchen Gods are characters regarded as part of the family meant to serve as a link between heaven and earth.As the legend goes, the gods ride a common carp every year to heaven on the 23rd day of the twelfth Vietnamese lunar month, several days before Tet (Lunar New Year), in order to report to the heavenly emperor on any of the family’s problems or deeds, good or bad, from the year.Tet begins on Feburary 16 and celebrations are normally ongoing during the week before and after the date.Accordingly, Vietnamese people attach significance to this year-end departure by tidying the kitchen and making offerings on a specially designed alter.In advance of the event, throngs of young mothers and women took to social media to share their preparations and tips for the special day.Nhu Trang, a Hanoi resident, created trays of offerings for the Kitchen Gods’ journey, each filled with appetizing prepared foods, fruits, and peach blossoms – northern Vietnam’s symbol for Tet.Hung Giang, another Hanoi resident, shared recipes for fried spring rolls, carp-shaped xoi (sweet… Read full this story
- Young Vietnamese artist spends over a year illustrating ‘The Little Prince’
- Mother-of-two who lost 34kg in nine months by food prepping reveals how she saves $100 per week on groceries - and how you can cook up meals for as little as $1.13 per serve
- Foreign Cinema chefs finally realize dream kitchen — at home
- Orange Chef Prep Pad review
- Excerpt: Jimmy Carter's "Faith: A Journey for All"
- 5 Tips From ‘Embracing The Journey – A Christian Parents’ Blueprint To Loving Your LGBTQ Child’
- Kitchen revolution: how Nigella Lawson changed food writing
- Assistance offered to Vietnamese women married to Koreans
- Police identify the 39 Vietnamese migrants found dead in a container truck in Essex
- U.K. truck deaths: All 39 victims were Vietnamese, say police; three boys among dead
Young Vietnamese prep for Kitchen Gods' heavenward journey have 328 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 8, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.