He said that the ministry will forge stronger bilateral defence collaboration with foreign countries in a practical and stable manner with balanced relations with world powers, while actively engaging in multilateral defence cooperation mechanisms.
At the same time, it will focus on building and completing a master plan on defence diplomacy by 2020 when Vietnam takes the charge of ASEAN Chair, he said.
The ministry will pay more attention to strengthening cooperation in politics, defence, technology, military equipment and military trade, and foster mutual trust, understanding and experience sharing with the armies of other countries.
Regarding achievements of the ministry in 2017, General Lich said that the ministry coordinated closely with other ministries, sectors and agencies in reinforcing the all-people defence, as well as building strong defence zones with priority on major localities, islands and border areas.
It also launched a project to restructure, reform and improve the effectiveness of military-run enterprises, and tightened the management and use of military-owned land areas, he added.
- AES fines to be reduced to RM150 pending law amendment next year – Deputy Transport Minister
- Army vs. Navy Football 2018: Prediction, Betting Odds, TV Channel And Start Time For Rivalry Game
- Navy's defense extends past the football field for Saturday's matchup with Army
- Society 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos First tropical storm of 2019 threatens southern Vietnam
- Society 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos Vietnam targets 14-percent credit growth this year: report
- Society 2018 – the year that was in Tuoi Tre photos In Ho Chi Minh City, there’s a music street called Nguyen Thien Thuat
- Army makes it three in a row over Navy in annual Army-Navy Game
- Pak Army organises youth sports gala in Khuzdar
- TCU, Army honor Jamie Dixon’s sister by playing in Maggie Dixon Classic
- Army routs Houston 70-14 in Armed Forces Bowl to cap off 11-2 season with ease